Page 2 of 2 Previous
7. LEAN IN, by Sheryl Sandberg with Nell Scovell. (Knopf) The chief operating officer of Facebook urges women to pursue their careers without ambivalence.
8. I AM MALALA, by Malala Yousafzai with Christina Lamb. (Little, Brown) The Pakistani girl who advocated for women’s education and was shot by the Taliban.
9. THE TRIPLE PACKAGE, by Amy Chua and Jed Rubenfeld. (Penguin Press) Why some of America’s cultural groups are more likely to succeed.
10. GEORGE WASHINGTON’S SECRET SIX, by Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger. (Sentinel) The story of the Culper spy ring, which aided the American cause during the Revolution.
ADVICE, MISCELLANEOUS AND HOW-TO
1. GRAIN BRAIN, by David Perlmutter with Kristin Loberg. (Little, Brown) The deleterious effect of carbohydrates on the brain, and how to reverse it.
2. DECIDE, by Steve McClatchy. (Wiley) Change the way you make decisions for better results and less stress.
3. THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES, by Gary Chapman. (Northfield) How to communicate love in a way a spouse will understand.
4. SUPER SHRED, by Ian K. Smith. (St. Martin’s) A short-term rapid weight-loss plan.
5. WHEAT BELLY, by William Davis. (Rodale) An examination of wheat in modern diets and an argument for its elimination.
Rankings reflect sales at venues nationwide for the week ending Feb. 8. An (x) indiactes that a book’s sales are barely distinuishable from those of the book above. A (b) indicates that some sellers report receiving bulk orders.