The sun is up and that is about the only good news on the roads at this hour. Traffic has not improved even though we are nearing the end of the rush hour.
It's bumper to bumper on many routes:
- Southbound Hwy. 169 from 77th Avenue to Minnetonka Avenue.
- Westbound 494 from Hwy. 110 to Hwy. 100.
- Northbound 35W from Crosstown to downtown Minneapolis.
- Southbound 35W from Lexington Avenue to Hwy. 280.
- Westbound 94 from the Hudson Bridge to downtown St. Paul.
- Crosstown both directions between Hwy. 169 and Cedar Avenue.
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
Peepholes are great for sizing up those who knock your home or apartment door, but not so great when it comes to driving.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will release a new specialty plate this fall and it's asking the public to design it.
A woman in suburban Washington D.C. says she "nearly passed out" when she got her bill for taking Uber 30 miles to Reagan National Airport on Monday.
In my brief time at the wheel, I took out a highway information sign, smacked into a concrete median and did a great job veering off the freeway and creating an off-road trail to lead motorists right into the ditch.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will reconstruct a portion of Hwy. 280 this summer, and on Tuesday representatives will host an open house to lay out plans and help motorists plan accordingly.