The sun is up and that is about the only good news on the roads at this hour. Traffic has not improved even though we are nearing the end of the rush hour.
It's bumper to bumper on many routes:
- Southbound Hwy. 169 from 77th Avenue to Minnetonka Avenue.
- Westbound 494 from Hwy. 110 to Hwy. 100.
- Northbound 35W from Crosstown to downtown Minneapolis.
- Southbound 35W from Lexington Avenue to Hwy. 280.
- Westbound 94 from the Hudson Bridge to downtown St. Paul.
- Crosstown both directions between Hwy. 169 and Cedar Avenue.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
In just over a month, crews will get to work on a $57 million pavement rehabilitation and bridge repair project on Interstate 94 in Minneapolis that promises snarl traffic for much of the summer.
Here in Minneapolis-St. Paul, we come in slightly below the average at 40 hours a year. That was enough to earn us the dubious title of the 15th most congested city in the nation and 18th most snarled in North America.
The TSA recommends that travelers arrive at the airport two hours prior to the flight's departure.
An overwhelming majority of motorists - 83 percent - are concerned about safety on the nation's roads, but that hasn't dissuaded them from engaging in risky behavior while behind the wheel.
Metro Mobility provided more than 2.23 million rides in 2016, a 6 percent jump over the previous year, according to figures recently released by the Metropolitan Council.