The sun is up and that is about the only good news on the roads at this hour. Traffic has not improved even though we are nearing the end of the rush hour.
It's bumper to bumper on many routes:
- Southbound Hwy. 169 from 77th Avenue to Minnetonka Avenue.
- Westbound 494 from Hwy. 110 to Hwy. 100.
- Northbound 35W from Crosstown to downtown Minneapolis.
- Southbound 35W from Lexington Avenue to Hwy. 280.
- Westbound 94 from the Hudson Bridge to downtown St. Paul.
- Crosstown both directions between Hwy. 169 and Cedar Avenue.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
As the number of people riding the metro area's two light-rail lines soars, so is the number of passengers who take rides without paying.
Road and lane closures with their associated detours are not fun for anybody, and this weekend will be a dozy for drivers in the west metro.
Motorists won't be able to use the new road for about another month.
At an open house Tuesday, stakeholders can weigh in on a plan to move part of the area's second rapid bus line from Olson Highway to Glenwood Avenue when light rail line opens in 2021.
With an average of one person dying each day on Minnesota roads, the state is on pace to eclipse the 411 deaths reported last year.