The sun is up and that is about the only good news on the roads at this hour. Traffic has not improved even though we are nearing the end of the rush hour.
It's bumper to bumper on many routes:
- Southbound Hwy. 169 from 77th Avenue to Minnetonka Avenue.
- Westbound 494 from Hwy. 110 to Hwy. 100.
- Northbound 35W from Crosstown to downtown Minneapolis.
- Southbound 35W from Lexington Avenue to Hwy. 280.
- Westbound 94 from the Hudson Bridge to downtown St. Paul.
- Crosstown both directions between Hwy. 169 and Cedar Avenue.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
Yes, we've heard this before, but this time the Minnesota Department of Transportation seems fairly certain that the Nine Mile Creek bridge on Hwy. 169 will close Monday.
Organizers of Saturday's Women's March Minnesota are telling protesters, demonstrators and spectators to be ready for traffic delays, and it's advice motorists heading to or through St. Paul may want to heed.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will put a new deck on the Smith Avenue High Bridge later this year, and in the process will upgrade it curb appeal.
Drivers who use the Nine Mile Creek Bridge on Hwy. 169 between Bren Road and 5th Street/Lincoln Drive on the Minnetonka-Edina border will have more time to find alternate routes.
Too cold. That's the reason the Minnesota Department of Transportation has called off a bridge demolition project that would have shut down a portion of I-94 through Maple Grove.