Sheet Pan Lemon-Thyme Chicken With Roasted Root Vegetables
Note: Roasting the lemon gives the other root vegetables a bright flavor and releases juice in the pan that can be drizzled over the chicken for an elegant, but easy sauce. From Meredith Deeds.
• 4 chicken thighs
• 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
• 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
• 3 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tsp. minced fresh thyme, divided
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 3 medium carrots, cut diagonally into 2-in. pieces
• 10 baby Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
• 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
• 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges (you can use the lemon you just zested)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Season both sides of the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, thyme, lemon zest and the remaining salt and pepper.
Arrange the chicken, skin side up, on 1 side of the baking sheet. Brush with the seasoned olive oil.
In a large bowl, combine the carrots, potatoes, onion and lemon wedges. Toss with the remaining olive oil mixture and arrange on the other side of the baking sheet.
Roast for 35 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (at least 165 degrees) and vegetables are browned and tender.