Users of Nice Ride Minnesota could have several new stations to check in and out green bicycles as the popular bike-sharing program expands this summer.
A list of 14 proposed additions released Wednesday includes stations on Nicollet Island, along the Mississippi River, near the University of Minnesota and in northeast Minneapolis. The system is looking to add as many as 20.
Nice Ride had hoped to deploy the new stations at the beginning of the riding season, which kicked off earlier this month. But they have been delayed until July, said spokesman Anthony Ongaro.
If 20 stations are added this summer, Nice Ride would have 190 stations making it the fourth largest in the country behind Washington D.C., New York City and Chicago.
Here is a list of the proposed stations as of Wednesday:
- Nicollet Island
- 3rd Avenue and University Ave SE.
- 2nd Street and 5th Ave SE.
- 22nd Ave and NE. California St.
- 24th and University Avenues NE.
- 18th Avenue Trail and NE. 2nd Street.
- 1st Street and 1st Avenue N.
- 3rd Street and 8th Avenue N.
- 3rd Street and 5th Avenue N.
- East Washington Avenue Bridge
- Groveland Avenue and Clifton Avenue
- Sanford Hall at the University of Minnesota
- 5th Street and Malcolm Avenue SE.
- Delaware & 26th Avenue SE.