Twins’ summer fade
• The Twins beat the Yankees 6-1 on July 19 to move within a half-game of first place in the American League Central and were a half-game out in the wild-card race.
• In their 11 games since, they are 3-8 and have fallen six games behind Cleveland in the AL Central and four games out of the wild-card race.
• In that 11-game span, they have given up 57 runs. The Twins’ 4.86 ERA is 26th among 30 major league teams.
• On Monday, they traded All-Star closer Brandon Kintzler to Washington for a 20-year-old prospect.
• There are nine teams ahead of the Twins in the race for five American League playoff spots.
• The Twins’ run differential is -72, 24th in the majors. At home, they are -66, worst in the majors, and have a 23-31 record at Target Field.