St. Paul police are seeking all content, messages, photos and data for the Facebook account of Jeffery Trevino, who is jailed on suspicion of murdering his wife.

Two search warrant affidavits filed March 21 and 28 show that police also are seeking the same information for Facebook accounts belonging to his wife, Kira Trevino, and Matthew Roff, a friend who lived in the couple’s basement.

“A friend of Jeffery Trevino stated Jeffery Trevino had recently included the initials ‘NWNP’ on some of this (sic) Facebook posts,” the affidavits read. “The friend did a search of the initials and believes they may stand for No Witnesses, No Proof.”

Police spokesman Howie Padilla said authorities believe the Facebook activity occurred before Jeffery Trevino’s arrest on Feb. 26. Authorities would not say who the reporting friend was. They are seeking Facebook data from Nov. 1, 2012 onward.

Jeffery Trevino, 39, is being held in the Ramsey County jail on $1 million bail. Sheriff’s spokesman Randy Gustafson said that inmates have “none, zero, nada” Internet access in the county jail.

Kira Trevino, 30, was last seen alive on Feb. 21 leaving the Mall of America with her husband. Jeffery Trevino was charged a few days later with two counts of second-degree murder. According to charges, authorities found “copious” amounts of blood in the couple’s rented home and evidence of a cleanup and cover-up. Surveillance video and GPS data showed someone dropping off Kira Trevino’s car at a mall ramp and then taking a cab to within a block of the couple’s home. Kira Trevino was a manager at a clothing retailer, Delia’s, at the mall, and was supposed to report to work Feb. 22 and 23. Jeffery Trevino reported her missing on Feb. 24.

Her family told police the couple were experiencing marital problems, and that Kira Trevino planned to leave her husband.

No details on roommate

Kira Trevino remains missing, and several searches of Keller Regional Park in Maplewood have turned up evidence in the case, including a pillow with blood that matched her DNA. Police also received a tip that someone saw two men on the ice on Feb. 22 struggling with an item the size of a human wrapped up in something.

Police have not said whether Roff is or has been ruled out as a person of interest. Asked about the matter, Padilla said, “We’re not going to comment on details of the investigation at this point.”

Early in the investigation police acknowledged that Roff was cooperating with authorities. Roff did not return a message seeking comment Wednesday.

Jeffery Trevino’s attorney, John Conard, has said that Roff was sleeping in the basement under the master bedroom the night of Feb. 21. Court documents show that Roff told police he left the house early in the morning on Feb. 22.

According to the affidavits, Jeffery Trevino purchased bread, milk and cleaning supplies, including Pine Sol and Formula 49, from a Wal-Mart at 12:16 p.m. on Feb. 23. That same day, Roff played video games with Jeffery Trevino from 8 p.m. until midnight.

Search turned up blood

Police spoke with Jeffery Trevino on Feb. 25 and he told them that Roff had not gone to work and was home, according to the affidavits. That was the same morning that Kira Trevino’s car was searched in the ramp. Presumptive tests showed that the car contained human blood. Authorities executed a search warrant that day at the couple’s home in the 500 block of E. Iowa Avenue, where they found blood on multiple surfaces in the bedroom, among other evidence.

Mike Teige, a close family friend, discovered a hole in the ice at Keller Lake in mid-March. Cadaver dogs were brought out and indicated that there was a scent at the hole. Divers searched underwater near the hole on March 19 to no avail.

Ice no longer safe

For days volunteers drilled more than 1,500 holes in the ice and dropped in ice fishing cameras hoping to catch a glimpse of evidence in the case. Those efforts were called off Wednesday because of dangerous ice conditions. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has said that the ice is not safe and that people should not walk out on it.

The couple lived about two miles from the lake.


Twitter: @ChaoStrib