NFL rule changes and points of emphasis
• When the quarterback is in the pocket with the ball, defenders can’t initiate contact with receivers more than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. A receiver pushing off in the same situation also will be called for a penalty.
• Hands to the face is completely outlawed.
• Blockers can’t roll up on the side of a defender’s legs, in addition to backs of the legs.
• The clock keeps running after sacks in the final two minutes of halves.
• Pre-snap movements by offensive linemen will be more strictly enforced.
• Taunting and/or abusive language is an automatic 15-yard penalty.
• Touchdown celebrations are limited to spiking the ball. Dunking on a goal post is a penalty.
• Referees can confer with the NFL officiating department during replays.
• Uprights are extended from 30 to 35 feet.
• A loose ball on the field of play, not just the end zone, is reviewable.
|Cleveland - LP: C. Carrasco||6||FINAL|
|Detroit - WP: K. Lobstein||8|
|Chicago Cubs - WP: J. Arrieta||5||FINAL|
|Cincinnati - LP: A. DeSclafani||2|
|Washington - LP: G. Gonzalez||2||FINAL|
|Miami - WP: D. Haren||6|
|Toronto - LP: M. Buehrle||1||FINAL|
|Tampa Bay - WP: C. Archer||5|
|Atlanta - LP: T. Cahill||4||FINAL|
|Philadelphia - WP: J. Williams||5|
|Boston - LP: W. Miley||7||FINAL|
|Baltimore - WP: B. Norris||18|
|St. Louis - LP: L. Lynn||3||FINAL|
|Milwaukee - WP: M. Blazek||6|
|Kansas City - LP: K. Herrera||2||FINAL|
|Chicago WSox - WP: D. Robertson||3|
|Kansas City - LP: E. Volquez||3||FINAL|
|Chicago WSox - WP: J. Danks||5|
|Texas - WP: N. Feliz||5||FINAL|
|LA Angels - LP: J. Alvarez||4|
|Houston - WP: T. Sipp||7||FINAL|
|Oakland - LP: T. Clippard||6|
|Los Angeles - LP: S. Baker||1||FINAL|
|San Diego - WP: B. Morrow||3|
|Pittsburgh - WP: F. Liriano||8||FINAL|
|Arizona - LP: J. Hellickson||0|
|Minnesota - WP: C. Fien||4||FINAL|
|Seattle - LP: T. Olson||2|
|NY Mets - LP: J. Niese||4||FINAL|
|NY Yankees - WP: C. Shreve||6|
|Red Bull New York||1|