• He is averaging 5.7 yards per carry, the best mark of his career -- even better than his rookie year in 2007, the season in which he set the single-game NFL record with 296 yards.
• He is on pace for 46 receptions, which would be a career-high.
• So much for easing Peterson back into things. His 168 carries are No. 3 in the NFL. And, of course, his 957 yards lead the league.
• He is on pace for roughly 1,700 yards rushing. While that wouldn't be a career-high (that came in 2008, with 1,760), he has just two fumbles this season. In 2008, he had nine.
• He is doing all this behind a young and rebuilt offensive line. In previous seasons, the Vikings had Matt Birk, Steve Hutchinson and Bryant McKinnie on the line -- all of whom made the Pro Bowl sometime during Peterson's tenure.
• He is doing it all despite the struggles of Christian Ponder. No team fears the Vikings passing game. Every team is geared up to stop the run. Yet in the past three games, when Ponder has particularly struggled, Peterson has 55 carries for 458 yards and four rushing TDs.
• Any debatable points about whether Peterson is having his best season with the Vikings should go to the first tiebreaker, which is the fact that Peterson HAD HIS KNEE SHREDDED like 12 days ago and is now a beast again. The defense rests.
|Golden State||6:30 PM|
|New York||6:30 PM|
|LA Clippers||7:00 PM|
|San Antonio||9:00 PM|
|Oklahoma City||9:30 PM|
|Los Angeles||9:00 PM|
|Saint Peters||6:00 PM|
|Louisiana Tech||1:00 PM|
|Seton Hall||6:00 PM|
|St Johns||6:00 PM|
|St Josephs Brooklyn||6:00 PM|
|Western Carolina||6:00 PM|
|Southern Ill||7:00 PM|
|Indiana State||7:00 PM|
|Illinois State||7:05 PM|
|Northern Iowa||7:05 PM|
|(10) Arizona State|
|Aug 8 - vs. Oakland||7 pm||X||10-6|
|Aug 16 - vs. Arizona||7:30 pm||X||30-28|
|Aug 23 - at Kansas City||7 pm||X||30-12|
|Aug 28 - at Tennessee||7 pm||X||19-3|
|2014 regular season|
|Sep 7 - at St. Louis||Noon||X||34-6|
|Sep 14 - vs. New England||Noon||X||30-7|
|Sep 21 - at New Orleans||Noon||X||20-9|
|Sep 28 - vs. Atlanta||3:25 pm||X||41-28|
|Oct 2 - at Green Bay||7:25 pm||X||42-10|
|Oct 12 - vs. Detroit||Noon||X||17-3|
|Oct 19 - at. Buffalo||Noon||X||17-16|
|Oct 26 - at Tampa Bay||Noon||X||19-13 ot|
|Nov 2 - vs. Washington||Noon||X||29-26|
|Nov 9 - Bye|
|Nov 16 - at Chicago||Noon||X||21-13|
|Nov. 23 - vs. Green Bay||Noon||X||24-21|
|Nov. 30 - vs. Carolina||Noon||X||31-13|
|Dec 7 - vs. NY Jets||Noon||X||30-24 ot|
|Dec 14 - at Detroit||3:25 pm||X||16-14|
|Dec 21 - at Miami||Noon||X||37-35|
|Dec 28 - vs. Chicago||Noon||X||13-9|
Poll: With Adrian Peterson's suspension overturned, what should the Vikings do?