Eagan upsets Cretin-DH to reach section final
• EAGAN 2, CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 1 (OT): Jack Jenson’s late goal in overtime propelled the Wildcats over the Raiders and into the Class 2A, Section 3 final. Max Elsenheimer scored the Wildcats’ first goal of the game at 13:30 of the second period before the Raiders tied it 2½ minutes later. The back-and-forth game remained scoreless until Jenson ended it with 41 seconds left in overtime.
• BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 3, BURNSVILLE 1: Johnny Panvica scored at 4:52 of the third period to break a 1-1 tie as the Jaguars upset the Blaze in the semifinals of the Class 2A, Section 2 tournament. Charlie Sweeney sealed the victory with a goal with under than three minutes to play. Panvica finished with two points. Burnsville and Jefferson split two games in the regular season.
• NEW PRAGUE 3, NORTHFIELD 0: The Trojans scored two first-period goals to hold off their Missota Conference rival in the Class 1A, Section 1 semifinals. Cody Shimota tallied two goals for the top-seeded Trojans.
• ANOKA 4, ROGERS 2: Gavin Putt scored for the Tornadoes just seconds before the second intermission to break a 1-1 tie. Anoka jumped out to a three-goal lead in the ensuing period and cruised past the Royals in the first round of the Class 2A, Section 5 tournament. Travis Mashuga scored twice for the Tornadoes.
Balanced attack helps Henry top South in OT
• MINNEAPOLIS HENRY 65, MINNEAPOLIS SOUTH 62 (OT): Four Patriots recorded double-digit points to help the Patriots defeat the Tigers. Jacarius Ford tallied 15 points and Ibrahim Mohammad added 14 for the Henry. South’s Kenley Farrow scored 19 points and Payton Bowdry added 18.
• ANDOVER 77, PARK CENTER 64: Connor Wilkie’s 32 points paced the Huskies as they defeated Pirates. Three other players also scored in double figures for Andover.
Elk River beats Cambridge-Isanti
• ELK RIVER 55, CAMBRIDGE-ISANTI 53: Lily Porta and Justine Larson boosted the Elks to a comeback victory over the Bluejackets. Porta had 19 points and Larson 18 as Elk River recovered from a four-point halftime deficit.
• MAYER LUTHERAN 51, WATERTOWN-MAYER 48: Emilee Gustin scored 11 points to lead the Crusaders past the Royals. Mayer Lutheran held a five-point halftime lead. Kirsten Klitzke led Watertown-Mayer with 17 points, Claire Killian had 15.