BASKETBALL • BOYS
Top-ranked Eagles roll
• APPLE VALLEY 77, BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 63: Tyus Jones had 23 points and 13 assists and sophomore Brock Bertram had 18 points and 10 rebounds as the Eagles, ranked No. 1 in Class 4A, defeated the Jaguars. Kyle Lynch scored 20 points to lead the Jaguars.
• HOPKINS 95, MINNETONKA 86: The Royals, ranked No. 2 in Class 4A, outlasted the Skippers for their 18th consecutive victory. Kamali Chambers scored 26 points to lead the Royals (23-1). Amir Coffey scored 19 and John Warren added 18 for the Royals. Justin Moes scored 17 to lead the Skippers, who made 12 three-pointers.
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 75, ROSEMOUNT 51: J.P. Macura scored 21 points in the first half to spark to the Panthers to the victory. Macura finished with 29 points. The Panthers outlasted the Irish 97-93 in three overtimes last month.
• MINNEHAHA ACADEMY 55, BLAKE 52: Ninth-grader Simeon Davis’ three-pointer — his only points of the game — with 2.4 seconds remaining lifted the Redhawks to the victory.
• PARK CENTER 94, BLAINE 89: Isaiah McKay, Amani Hooker and Isaac Matthews combined for 85 points to fuel the Pirates over the Bengals. McKay, a senior guard, scored 32 points, including his 1,000th career point. Hooker added 28 and Matthews contributed 25. Jason Travis scored 33 to lead the Bengals.
• ST. AGNES 51, ST. ANTHONY 40: Senior guard Nick Turch scored 14 points and became the Aggies’ career leading scorer in the victory over the Huskies. Turch now has 1,461 career points.
• TOTINO-GRACE 89, COOPER 86 (OT): Cole Wagner’s three-pointer at the buzzer lifted the Eagles past the Hawks.
BASKETBALL • GIRLS
Kennedy hands first loss to top-ranked Eastview
• BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 73, EASTVIEW 60: Sophomore Lashayla Wright-Ponder had 26 points and 10 rebounds and senior Kenisha Bell had 20 points and 10 assists to help the Eagles, ranked No. 9 in Class 4A, hand top-ranked Eastview its first loss of the season. Madison Guebert scored 28 to lead the Lightning.
• MINNETONKA 61, HOPKINS 55: The Skippers, ranked No. 4 in Class 4A, rallied from a one-point halftime deficit to defeat the Royals, ranked No. 2 in Class 4A. Caroline Shelquist scored 13 to lead the Skippers. Nia Hollie scored 17 to lead the Royals.
• MINNEAPOLIS ROOSEVELT 55, MINNEAPOLIS NORTH 54: Sophomore Makayla Lemieux’s field goal at the buzzer lifted the Teddies to the victory. Lemieux led the Teddies with 15 points.
HOCKEY • GIRLS
Pioneers are back at state