Michigan’s Moffat strikes twice
• MICHIGAN 2, WISCONSIN 2 (UM wins SO): Luke Moffat’s unassisted goal at 7:02 of the third period for the No. 12 Wolverines (13-6-3, 5-2-1-1) tied the score at 2-all, and he later scored the only goal of a shootout. Michael Mersch and Mark Zengerle, on a penalty shot, scored second-period goals for the No. 9 Badgers (14-8-2, 5-4-1).
• OHIO STATE 5, PENN STATE 2: Trailing 2-0 after the first period, the Buckeyes (14-9-1, 4-5-1) rallied to sweep the Nittany Lions in Columbus, Ohio. Ryan Dzingel had a goal, his 17th of the season and third of the series, and two assists for Ohio State. After power-play goals by Tanner Fritz and Dzingel 1:29 apart early in the second period, Anthony Greco scored the winner with 1:07 left in the period.
• OMAHA 8, ST. CLOUD STATE 6: Dominic Zombo had a hat trick and teammates Josh Archibald and Jake Guentzel had three assists apiece as the visiting Mavericks (10-12-2, 7-5-2-1) got a road split with the No. 5 Huskies (14-6-4, 8-4-2). Kalle Kossila had a hat trick for SCSU.
• MINNESOTA DULUTH 3, WESTERN MICHIGAN 1: The Bulldogs (12-9-3, 7-6-1-1) swept the Broncos (12-10-4, 6-7-1) in Kalamazoo, Mich., breaking a 1-1 tie on goals by Alex Iafallo and Austyn Young in the second period. Joe Basaraba also scored for UMD and Aaron Crandall stopped 32 shots.
• MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 5, NORTHERN MICHIGAN 1: Matt Leitner, the first-line center, had a goal and three assists, as the Mavericks (15-13-0, 13-7 WCHA) got a split on the road with the Wildcats (11-13-2, 9-8-1). Johnny McInnis gave MSU Mankato a 1-0 lead on a power-play with 1:45 left in the first period. Jean-Paul Lafontaine and Leitner, on another power-play, made it 3-0 in the second period.