• The player who recorded an NCAA-record 138 points in a game in November is now done for the season. Grinnell College’s Jack Taylor fractured his right (shooting) wrist in a game Wednesday, and the rehab will keep him out for the rest of the year. The sophomore was averaging 36.3 points for the Division III Pioneers.
BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Michigan: Until the Wolverines lose, their spot at the top seems pretty safe.
2. Indiana: The Hoosiers are shooting an incredible 51.1 percent from the field and have continued to take care of business in the conference.
3. Minnesota: With a win over Illinois, the Gophers are certainly challenging the top.
4. Michigan State: Just like Indiana, the Spartans were given a scare by Iowa, but they’ve finished most games well.
5. Illinois: The win over the Buckeyes seems less impressive in light of two league losses.
6. Ohio State: The Buckeyes are 2-1 in the conference so far, but they have still lost against every ranked team they’ve played this season.
7. Iowa: Even if the Hawkeyes aren’t WINNING their Big Ten games, I’m intrigued by the grit they’ve shown.
8. Purdue: Right now, it’s looking like the Illinois win was just a fluke.
9. Wisconsin: The easiest start to the league season has been enjoyed by the Badgers. We’ll know more about them after this weekend.
10. Nebraska: The Huskers did something Northwestern and Iowa couldn’t do — make a game against the Wolverines interesting.
11. Northwestern: The Wildcats had to go to State College to end their slide.
12. Penn State: We all knew it would be a tough year without Tim Frazier.
|Dallas||88||4th Qtr 6:00|
|Oklahoma City||5||1st Qtr 10:14|
|Anaheim||2||3rd Prd 8:47|
|San Jose||2||2nd Prd :20|
|Real Salt Lake||2|
|(7) Florida State||74||FINAL|
|(3) South Carolina||80|
|(5) Baylor||33||1st Half 3:25|
|(2) Notre Dame||33|
Poll: Who is your favorite team in the NCAA men's hockey tournament?