• No. 6 Minnesota Duluth plays at No. 11 St. Cloud State in a game that could decide the champion of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference. Both teams are 7-1 overall, 6-1 in the NSIC and on five-game winning streaks; the Bulldogs are ranked third in the first NCAA Super Region rankings released Monday, while the Huskies are fifth.
• No. 3 St. Thomas (8-0) can clinch a share of the MIAC championship and an automatic bid to the NCAA playoffs with a victory against Gustavus (1-6). The Tommies have won 13 of 14 home games since Glenn Caruso became coach in 2008.
• Concordia (6-2) has won four games in a row, its longest winning streak since 2005, heading into its home game against No. 20 Bethel (5-2). Cobbers quarterback Michael Dunham needs 166 passing yards to break the school's career record (4,889), and fullback Brett Baune needs four touchdowns to break Concordia's single-season mark of 19.
• Another MIAC team will try to extend a four-game winning streak as St. Olaf (6-1) plays host to Hamline (0-7). The Pipers scored two touchdowns in last week's loss to Concordia, ending a string of four shutout losses, but they still are seeking their first victory under first-year coach John Pate.
• The Upper Midwest Athletic Conference holds its annual Dome Day this weekend, with the league's 10 members playing five games at the Metrodome. Highlights include league leader St. Scholastica (7-0) vs. Presentation (3-4) at 7 p.m. Friday; Minnesota-Morris (4-4) vs. Greenville (4-3) at 1 p.m. Saturday; and Northwestern (5-3) vs. Eureka (4-3) at 4 p.m. Saturday.
After missing two games because of an injury, the junior threw for a career-high 342 yards in last week's rout of Minnesota, Crookston -- and he only played in the first half. Klaphake completed 14 of 21 passes, including one for an 82-yard touchdown, and now has 4,207 career passing yards.
The senior sealed a victory over Macalester last Saturday with a 25-yard TD run in overtime, ending an incredible day in which he ran for 259 yards and three TDs on 28 carries. Lien broke a 48-year-old school record for most rushing yards in a game and surpassed the 2,000-yard mark for his career; the 259 yards also are the most by a MIAC player and fourth most in Division III this season.
9 Consecutive games with a touchdown catch for Concordia-St. Paul's Charles Gilbert, who leads the NSIC with 755 receiving yards and is second with nine touchdowns.
7 Victories in a row for Minnesota Duluth over St. Cloud State, the Bulldogs' longest winning streak in a series that dates to 1933.
59 Consecutive extra points for St. Thomas kicker Tim Albright, who also made a 48-yard field goal -- the longest by the Tommies since 1990 -- in last Saturday's victory over Bethel.
23 Turnovers forced by St. Scholastica, with only five lost -- tying it with Mount Union for the best turnover margin in Division III.
12.14 Tackles per game for Minnesota State Moorhead linebacker Jeff Schuette, ranking him fifth in Division II.
|Minnesota - WP: C. Thielbar||7||FINAL|
|NY Yankees - LP: M. Banuelos||3|
|NY Mets||0||Top 8th Inning|
|Indiana||87||4th Qtr 6:43|
|Washington||79||4th Qtr 3:00|
|Minnesota||89||4th Qtr 4:12|
|Memphis||75||4th Qtr 9:00|
|Denver||68||3rd Qtr 7:54|
|Phoenix||57||3rd Qtr 5:09|
|Portland||51||2nd Qtr 0:51|
|LA Lakers||12||1st Qtr 0:06|
|LA Clippers||8:00 PM|
|San Jose||4||3rd Prd 13:45|
|Vancouver||2||3rd Prd 15:32|
|Edmonton||0||2nd Prd 1:49|
|New Jersey||3||2nd Prd 2:10|
|Nashville||2||2nd Prd 18:03|
|NY Rangers||2||2nd Prd 17:52|
|Calgary||0||1st Prd 3:48|
|Stephen F Austin||85|
|Ark-Little Rock||76||2nd Half 0:22|
|Iowa State||87||2nd Half 1:42|
|LSU||59||2nd Half 3:58|
|Seton Hall||63||2nd Half 1:49|
|NC State||64||2nd Half 0:46|
|Southern Miss||55||2nd Half 6:25|
|Coppin State||16||1st Half 5:43|
|Sam Houston St||13||1st Half 12:37|
|Northwestern||3||1st Half 18:41|
|Massachusetts||0||1st Half 19:40|
|San Diego St|
|Northern Colorado||8:00 PM|
|Utah Valley U|
|Eastern Mich||8:15 PM|
|Ole Miss||8:25 PM|
|Prairie View||8:30 PM|
|Cal Poly||8:30 PM|
|Boise State||10:30 PM|
|New Mexico St|
|Long Beach State|
|(22) Middle Tennessee||64|
|(25) Bowling Green||55|
|New Mexico St||65||FINAL|
|Prairie View||64||2nd Half 2:51|
|Missouri State||47||2nd Half 2:52|
|Towson||55||2nd Half 3:58|
|Coll of Charleston||61|
|Illinois-Chicago||23||1st Half 5:19|
|Montana||21||1st Half 6:39|
|Illinois State||8:37 PM|