The Vikings cut receiver Roderick Rogers on Monday, a day after completing their three-day mandatory minicamp, leaving 84 players on the roster. They will resume practice as part of nonmandatory organized team activities today at Winter Park. Unlike the first OTAs two weeks ago when coach Brad Childress invited rookies, newcomers and selected veterans, this time he invited every player.
• Apple Valley native Roger Grillo resigned as head men's hockey coach at Brown after 12 seasons to take a position with USA Hockey, according to College Hockey News.
• Gophers wrestler Dustin Schlatter won the 163-pound freestyle title Saturday at the World Team Trials in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Gophers freshman Jake Deitchler lost his first match in the 163-pound Greco-Roman quarterfinals and lost by injury default in a consolation match.
• The Lynx signed free agent Tye'sha Fluker, a 6-5 center.
• The Saints will play the Saltdogs in a doubleheader starting at 5:30 tonight in Lincoln, Neb., to make up for Monday night's rained-out game.
• The June 20 Target Center fight card featuring a Wilton Hilario-Jason Litzau bout has been postponed because of an injury to Hilario. Ticket buyers unable to attend the to-be announced rescheduled date will be able to get refunds.
STAFF AND NEWS REPORTS