Page 2 of 2 Previous
4. Wayzata: Has it really been five years since the Trojans made it to the state tournament? With 10 seniors back from 2013, led by forward Nicole Palsgrove, that streak could end.
5. Edina: New coach Katie Aafedt’s team is strong on defense, a nice luxury in a transition year.
1. Benilde-St. Margaret’s: The two-time defending state champs have reloaded, returning high-scoring midfielder Aleksa Tataryn among others.
2. Blake: The Bears have met the Red Knights in three consecutive Class 1A championship games. A fourth is likely.
3. Orono: The talented Spartans will have to find a way to get past Benilde-St. Margaret’s in tough Section 6.
4. Holy Family: Claire Oberle and the Fire are in the same predicament as Orono.
5. DeLaSalle: Can the Islanders build upon their 2013 breakout campaign?
|Miami - LP: B. Morris||4||FINAL|
|Washington - WP: M. Grace||6|
|NY Yankees - LP: C. Martin||1||FINAL|
|Toronto - WP: R. Dickey||3|
|Philadelphia - WP: A. Harang||5||FINAL|
|Atlanta - LP: A. Wood||2|
|Tampa Bay - WP: J. Odorizzi||5||FINAL|
|Boston - LP: C. Buchholz||1|
|Los Angeles - LP: C. Hatcher||3||FINAL|
|Milwaukee - WP: M. Blazek||4|
|Chicago Cubs - LP: P. Strop||9||FINAL|
|St. Louis - WP: M. Socolovich||10|
|Oakland - LP: J. Hahn||7||FINAL|
|Minnesota - WP: P. Hughes||8|
|Texas - WP: K. Kela||2||FINAL|
|Houston - LP: C. Qualls||1|
|Seattle - WP: F. Hernandez||3||FINAL|
|LA Angels - LP: M. Shoemaker||2|
|San Diego - LP: T. Ross||0||FINAL|
|San Francisco - WP: M. Bumgarner||2|