If you’ve missed any of this season’s exciting episodes of As the Quarterback Turns, fear not: We are here to get you caught up with all the Vikings quarterback comings and goings, along with the comments at the time from head coach Leslie Frazier, as we head into the crucial final few episodes of the season:
• “I don’t foresee a quarterback controversy.” — Frazier before the Steelers game, after it was determined Matt Cassel would start in place of the injured Christian Ponder, who was 0-3 to start the year. The Vikings won, and Cassel also started the next game, a loss to Carolina.
• “From the moment he stepped in the building, he wanted to learn. And the way he handled himself in that practice, it changed my mind-set about the possibilities.” — Frazier, a few days after the Carolina loss, in announcing Josh Freeman, brought in between the Steelers and Panthers games, would start against the New York Giants.
• “We need to get Christian ready to go.” — Frazier, after the Vikings said Freeman suffered a previously undisclosed concussion against the Giants. Ponder started against the Packers in a lopsided loss.
• “Christian gives us the best chance to win, and that’s how we’re going to approach it.” — Frazier, in naming Ponder the starter for the second consecutive week, this time vs. Dallas. Ponder also started against Washington and Seattle, but he was benched for poor play against the Seahawks in favor of Matt Cassel.
• “Like every decision, you try to make a decision based on who you think gives you the best chance to succeed. In our case, we think that’s Christian at this point.” — Frazier, announcing Ponder was keeping his starting job even after the benching.
• “His work on Sunday has a lot to do with it. He did an outstanding job.” — Frazier, saying that Cassel would start vs. the Ravens after leading a comeback against the Bears while Ponder was out with a concussion.
• “I did find out this morning that he did pass everything so he’s cleared now. We’ll sit down today as a staff and talk about how we want to go forward at the quarterback position.” — Frazier on Monday, informing the media that Ponder is healthy. So all three QBs are good to go. Who will it be Sunday? Tune in and find out.
|Philadelphia||12/20/14 3:30 PM|
|San Diego||12/20/14 7:25 PM|
|Minnesota||12/21/14 12:00 PM|
|Baltimore||12/21/14 12:00 PM|
|Detroit||12/21/14 12:00 PM|
|Cleveland||12/21/14 12:00 PM|
|Atlanta||12/21/14 12:00 PM|
|Green Bay||12/21/14 12:00 PM|
|Kansas City||12/21/14 12:00 PM|
|New England||12/21/14 12:00 PM|
|NY Giants||12/21/14 3:05 PM|
|Buffalo||12/21/14 3:25 PM|
|Indianapolis||12/21/14 3:25 PM|
|Seattle||12/21/14 7:30 PM|
|Denver||12/22/14 7:30 PM|
|St Thomas (TX)||61||FINAL|
|South Dakota St||75|
|Cal State Fullerton||72|
|Nevada||12/20/14 10:00 AM|
|Utah State||12/20/14 1:20 PM|
|(23) Utah||12/20/14 2:30 PM|
|Western Mich||12/20/14 4:45 PM|
|South Alabama||12/20/14 8:15 PM|
|BYU||12/22/14 1:00 PM|
|Marshall||12/23/14 5:00 PM|
|Navy||12/23/14 8:30 PM|
|San Diego St|
|Central Mich||12/24/14 11:00 AM|
|Fresno State||12/24/14 7:00 PM|
|William & Mary||71||FINAL|
|West Virginia St||58||FINAL|
|South Dakota St||67|
|(19) Oklahoma St||55||FINAL|
|San Diego State||48|
Poll: Will Christian Ponder ever be a full-time starter in the NFL?