JimJam, Stew Thornley and Will Ferrell
- Blog Post by: Suzanne Solheim
- May 19, 2010 - 2:32 PM
After a series split in Toronto against the Blue Jays, the Twins have shipped off to Boston to take on the Red Sox for their second straight two-game set.
Scott Baker will get the ball against Clay Buccholz, who will toss the first pitch at 6:10pm at Fenway Park. Baker is 0-1 with a 4.30 ERA in 2 career starts (including a relief appearance) against the Red Sox, and Buccholz is 0-1 with a 14.54 ERA in his lone lifetime start against Minnesota.
Justin Morneau and Michael Cuddyer each went 2-for-3 with an RBI off the right-hander while Joe Mauer has a 1-for-1 mark with 2 walks. Jim Thome took Buccholz out of the park in one of his 4 at bats and Delmon Young has driven in a couple runs off of him as well.
Here are some links for your baseball-reading pleasure. Enjoy the game tonight, and feel free to email me or mention something in the comments section if you'd like to bring anything to my or your fellow commenters attention!
- Morneau bats for charity. [eBay]
- The great South Dakota home run chase. [Very Well Then]
- Stew Thornley knows his baseball. [Hennepin Theatre Trust]
- Streaking in the park. [Call to the Pen]
- Top 10 batted ball injuries. [Fantasy Pros 911]
- Shut up, Hanley Ramirez. [Babes Love Baseball]
- And of course, Will Ferrell's one-pitch minor league baseball career, in case you missed it...
© 2015 Star Tribune