9:45 a.m. update: Transit getting back on schedule
- Blog Post by: Tim Harlow
- April 4, 2014 - 9:45 AM
Metro Transit now says 71 percent of buses are running on schedule. That's up from 59 percent just a half hour ago. The average delay has dropped to 5 minutes on routes that are behind. No delays on the Blue Line.
On the roads, traffic is still slower than normal, but traffic volumes have thinned a bit. We still have lots of snow covered and slushy roads, so keep the speeds down and use caution.
Here is the latest list of incidents:
- Northbound 35W at Burnsville Pkwy. The right lane is blocked with a crash.
- Ramp from westbound 694 to Century Avenue is back open, but a pickup is partially blocking the ramp
- The ramp from northbound 35E to Ayd Mill Road remains blocked.
- Northbound Hwy. 61 is closed at Lower Afton Road due to a crash.
- Fender bender on the right shoulder of southbound 494 at Minnetonka Blvd.
- Left shoulder blocked on southbound Hwy. 100 at Cedar Lake Road with a crash.
- Left lane blocked on eastbound 694 at Silver Lake Road with an accident.
- Westbound 694 creeping along Rice Street to Hwy. 10. Semitrucks struggling with icy conditions.
- Westbound 494 ramp to eastbound 94/694. Car in the ditch.
- Eastbound 94 at 42nd Avenue. Crash in left lane is clearing out.
© 2015 Star Tribune