ADVERTISEMENT

Gubernatorial fundraising hauls start rolling in

  • Blog Post by: Rachel E. Stassen-Berger
  • January 13, 2014 - 1:57 PM

The candidates for Minnesota governor have started releasing their fundraising tallies in advance of the month's end deadline.

DFL Gov. Mark Dayton, who voluntarily releases his fundraising numbers every three months, reported last fall that he had raised nearly $630,0000 by the end of September. That figure does not include the last three months of the year so the report he will release this month will show even more cash. Dayton has said he has raised about $1 million.

The Republican candidates who hope to unseat him have not raised as much, according to estimates several campaigns have released.

According to Republican businessman Scott Honour's campaign, he had raised "over $500,000 from individual donors," by the end of December.  Hennepin County Commissioner Jeff Johnson said "raised over $240,000" last year and, according to reports, state Sen. Dave Thompson said he raised more than $120,000. Republican former House Minority Leader Marty Seifert and former House Speaker Kurt Zellers have yet to release fundraising estimates.

None of the campaigns released full fundraising details. Those are not due to the state's campaign regulatory agency until January 31.
 

Updated with Dayton's estimate.

© 2014 Star Tribune