10 Things to Know for Monday
- Article by: The Associated Press
- Associated Press
- November 4, 2013 - 2:20 AM
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. HOW POLICE LEARNED LAX SHOOTING SUSPECT'S MOTIVE
Authorities relied on a letter they found in Paul Ciancia's bag and a brief exchange with investigators after he was shot.
2. WHOSE TRIAL COULD FURTHER INCITE EGYPT
Ousted Islamist president Morsi is set to appear in court Monday on charges of inciting violence, as rifts between his supporters and the security establishment deepen.
3. VA. GOV. RACE SEEN AS 'OBAMACARE' REFERENDUM
The results of Tuesday's election could hold clues about voter attitudes heading into the 2014 midterms.
4. HOW CHRISTIE IS CASTING HIMSELF
A second term all but assured, the N.J. governor may be hinting at a White House bid by stating "the only way our state and our country gets better is if people work together across the aisle."
5. ANGST OVER US DRONE STRIKE ON PAKISTAN TALIBAN CHIEF
"We fear more bloodshed and more destruction" over the American attack because terror groups may take out their revenge on Pakistani citizens, says university student Muhammad Tahir.
6. HEALTH CARE LAW GETS REAL
With the 'Obamacare' rollout, Americans are now starting to figure out how the new law affects their lives.
7. EMPLOYERS SELDOM GIVE THE BLIND A CHANCE
Sightless people remain largely unwanted in the U.S. workplace, despite technological advances that dramatically boost their capabilities.
8. 'SILVER TSUNAMI' SAYS NO TO SOCIAL SECURITY CHANGES
As Baby Boomers retire, they're against raising the age when they can begin collecting benefits, and they don't want cost of living reductions.
9. WHAT CONCERNS BP ABOUT GULF SPILL SETTLEMENT
The London-based oil giant is worried that bogus or inflated claims by businesses could cost it billions over the $7.8 billion in estimated payouts.
10. PHILLY'S FOLES TIES NFL RECORD
With seven scoring passes, the Eagles' backup QB matches Peyton Manning's performance from earlier this season.
© 2017 Star Tribune