Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (18) watches from the sideline during the second half of an NFL football game against the Indianapolis Colts, Sunday, Oct. 20, 2013, in Indianapolis. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy)
MICHAEL CONROY • Associated Press,
Mark Craig's Fourth and Five
- Article by: MARK CRAIG
- Star Tribune
- October 26, 2013 - 5:48 PM
Three observations …
• Wouldn’t you feel more secure in believing that Brett Favre doesn’t want to come back if he had talked about turning down a better offer than a Rams team that’s 3-4 and playing in the NFC West?
• Call it the NFL media’s circle of life. A, Reporters ask if Matt Cassel replacing Christian Ponder is the spark the team needs. B, Reporters ask if Josh Freeman replacing Cassel is the spark the team needs. C, Reporters ask if Ponder’s experience in the offense is the spark the team needs.
• It sure looks as though Percy Harvin’s comeback from a hip injury is on a collision course with the Vikings when they visit Seattle on Nov. 17.
Two predictions …
• The Giants’ smiles will be short-lived as the Eagles, unlike the Vikings, hang on to Eli’s pick-six opportunities.
• Mike Shanahan would have had a more enjoyable return to Denver if his Redskins weren’t catching Peyton Manning (above) coming off a loss.
© 2014 Star Tribune