Keeping tabs on Thursday's morning commute
- Blog Post by: Tim Harlow
- August 29, 2013 - 5:18 AM
Good morning, commuters!
Here is something we have not had to deal with for the past few weeks: wet roads.
Showers and thunderstorms are rolling through the metro area and that is a good reason to keep the speeds down as rain leaves behind a thin layer of water, oil, and grease which can reduce your traction and cause your car to skid.
We also have a few place where overnight road work is still in progress:
- Northbound Hwy. 169 at County Road 18 in Shakopee and at 49th Avenue
- Westbound 494 at 12th Avenue and eastbound 494 at 35W
- Eastbound 94 at the Minnesota Road Research area near Albertville
- Northbound 35W at County Road 50.
I’ll be keeping an eye on the roads and rails this morning, reporting any delays or issues — and I will need your help.
If you see or hear about any congestion, delays or problems, e-mail drive@startribune or tweet @stribdrive.
© 2013 Star Tribune