10 Things to Know for Today
- Article by: The Associated Press
- Associated Press
- May 13, 2013 - 5:01 AM
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. REPUBLICANS WANT TO DEPOSE OFFICIALS ON BENGHAZI
Rep. Darrell Issa says he will seek testimony from the officials who cleared Hillary Rodham Clinton of blame in the September attack that killed a U.S. ambassador.
2. WHAT THE COST OF OBAMACARE DEPENDS ON
The AP's Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar reports that where you live could make thousands of dollars a month's difference for cancer drugs and other expensive medications.
3. PAKISTAN'S NEW LEADER COULD BE COMEBACK KID
Nawaz Sharif led the country twice before, but was toppled in a 1999 coup and served as the country's main opposition leader before winning Saturday's elections.
4. 19 WOUNDED AT MOTHER'S DAY PARADE
Gunmen opened fire on hundreds of revelers in New Orleans.
5. DEADLINE FOR APPEALING PLAN B
Today is the last day for government lawyers to try and stop a New York judge's ruling that would lift age restrictions for buying the morning-after pill.
6. WHY A FENCE IS UP AROUND CASTRO'S CLEVELAND HOME
Prosecutors want to keep the house intact while they prosecute Castro in the imprisonment of three women for a decade, while neighbors and vigilantes want the house torn down.
7. HOW BANGLADESH IS RESPONDING TO GARMENT FACTORY DISASTER
The country agreed today to allow garment workers form trade unions in the latest response to the disaster that killed more than 1,100.
8. O.J. SIMPSON BACK IN COURT
The ex-football star, who's serving nine to 33 years in prison for the robbery of Las Vegas sports memorabilia dealers, says his attorney gave him bad advice at his trial.
9. BARBARA WALTERS SIGNING OFF
The veteran ABC News anchor, 83, will announce her retirement from journalism today on her morning show, "The View."
10. WOODS WINS PLAYERS AS RIVAL SINKS
Tiger triumphs for first time since 2001 as Sergio Garcia flounders on the infamous `Island Green' 17th hole.
© 2016 Star Tribune