Chart: Deshaun Thomas' part in the Ohio State offense
- February 19, 2013 - 9:30 PM
Ohio State's Deshaun Thomas leads the Big Ten in scoring at 20.1 points per game and has reached double figures in every game this season. Here are more numbers that illustrate how big a part of the Buckeyes' offense he is:
• Lenzelle Smith Jr. is OSU's second-leading scorer at 10.2 ppg, meaning Thomas almost doubles his average.
• Thomas has attempted 399 shots. Nobody else on the Buckeyes has tried more than 205.
• Thomas has taken 28.4 percent of his team's shots. Andre Hollins has taken the most for the Gophers at 18.8 percent.
• Thomas averages 35 minutes per game and has played 38 minutes or more in 10 games this season, including all 45 in an overtime loss to Michigan.
© 2013 Star Tribune