WCHA roundup: Hanowski scores twice as SCSU ties UND
- January 26, 2013 - 11:10 PM
• ST. CLOUD STATE 2, NORTH DAKOTA 2 (OT): Senior forward Ben Hanowski scored two goals, his 10th and 11th of the season, and goalie Ryan Faragher stopped 34 shots as the Huskies (15-10-1, 12-5-1 WCHA) tied UND at Ralph Engelstad Arena for a three-point weekend. Hanowski scored on a power play three minutes into the game and then scored again early in the second for a 2-2 tie. In between, Danny Kristo and Corban Knight had goals for UND (13-8-5, 8-5-5) in the first period. Kristo's goal was his 15th of the season, Knights' his 12th. St. Cloud State had won six conference games in a row, but the tie still kept the Huskies tied for first place in the league with the Gophers and Nebraska Omaha. All have 25 points.
• NEBRASKA OMAHA 2, BEMIDJI STATE 1: Dominic Zombo's goal, two minutes into the second period, broke a 1-1 tie and gave the Mavericks (15-9-2, 11-5-2) a sweep of the Beavers on their home ice. Aaron McLeod put Bemidji State (5-14-5, 4-10-4) ahead 1-0 with his 10th goal of the season in the first period, but Josh Archibald of Brainerd answered for UNO midway through the period.
• WISCONSIN 2, ALASKA ANCHORAGE 1: Tyler Barnes and Jefferson Dahl scored three minutes apart early in the second period as the Badgers (11-8-5, 8-5-5) beat the visiting Seawolves (3-16-5, 1-15-4).
• MINNESOTA DULUTH 3, U18 U.S. NATIONAL TEAM 1: The Bulldogs outshot the visiting U.S. national team 34-25 on Saturday in their exhibition victory. Justin Crandall had a goal and an assist for UMD.
© 2017 Star Tribune