Friday's girls' hockey roundup: Storo scores five goals as Chaska rolls
- January 26, 2013 - 12:42 AM
• CHASKA 7, HOLY/FAMILY WACONIA 4: Kaitlin Storo had five goals and an assist as the Hawks defeated the Wildfire in a wild one. Jaci Reinke tallied a hat trick in the loss. The Hawks’ four goals in the third period were the difference in the game.
• IRONDALE 7, ST. LOUIS PARK 0: Alex Toupal had a hat trick and Anna Pate stopped nine shots as the Knights shut out the Orioles. Sena Hanson had a pair of goals and assists in the victory.
• ROGERS 4, CAMBRIDGE-ISANTI 0: Kaitlin Braiedy had a hat trick, and Madison Lehn added a pair of assists as the Royals defeated the Blue Jackets. Michelle Klimstra stopped 29 shots for the shutout, while Jesi Benson stopped 38 of 39 shots she faced in the loss after entering the game midway through the first period.
• ANDOVER 4, ARMSTRONG/COOPER 3: The Huskies netted a pair of goals in the third period for a comeback victory over the Falcons. Abbie Turpin, Sierra Langlie, Rebecca Voltin, Sidney Portner and Mikayla Goodin each had a pair of points in the win, while Emma Terres scored twice for the Falcons in the loss.
•HOPKINS 4, WAYZATA 4: Eight different skaters tallied single goals as the Trojans and Royals skated to a tie. Corbin Boyd assissted on all four Royals goals.
© 2014 Star Tribune