Friday's girls' basketball roundup: Minnetonka proves too much for Holy Family
- January 5, 2013 - 12:30 AM
• MINNETONKA 59, HOLY FAMILY 46: Joanna Hedstrom's game-high 20 points led the Skippers over the Fire. Hedstrom was the lone 'Tonka player to register in double figures, while Michaela Rasmussen and Emily Bauer each had 13 for Holy Family.
• MAPLE GROVE 72, OSSEO 60: Angie Davison won the battle of high scorers; her 31 points bested Janay Morton's 26 to propel the Crimson over the neighboring Orioles. Kaela Jones chipped in 11 points for the Crimson. Phillis Webb scored 16 for Osseo.
• CENTENNIAL 66, ARMSTRONG 57: Paige Waytashek and Katie Werth combined for 30 points as the Cougars thwarted the Falcons' attempt at a boys-girls sweep. Sam Zbaracki had a game-high 24 for Armstrong, Hana Sacic scored 13 and Lyrik Williams had 10 in the loss.
• ST. FRANCIS 55, FRIDLEY 33: Emily Larson led all scorers with 19 points in the Saints' 22-point victory. St. Francis led 25-10 at the break and never allowed Fridley back into the game. Samantha Martinson led all Fridley scorers with 10 points.
© 2015 Star Tribune