Suspect, 18, charged in St. Paul triple shooting
- September 27, 2012 - 7:58 PM
A St. Paul man was charged Thursday with shooting three men last week, leaving one in a coma.
Jonathan J. Corbett, 18, was charged in Ramsey County District Court with attempted second-degree murder and two counts of second-degree assault.
According to the complaint: A woman and her two children had gone to a home across the street last Friday to visit neighbors in the 500 block of Thomas Avenue, where Carl Antonio Wilks badmouthed the woman's friend. The woman asked him to stop, and Wilks allegedly threatened to kill her.
The woman's 8-year-old daughter sneaked out to get help, and the woman's fiancé and relatives arrived. Wilks and Corbett allegedly pointed guns at the fiancé and relatives, according to charges. The woman also told police that guns were pointed at her.
The woman was able to leave with her other child, a 3-year-old.
Later that evening, Wilks went to the house where the woman had gone, and left with a resident of the house -- identified as "Blue" -- who walked Wilks to the sidewalk because he was not welcome at a get-together there. That's when Corbett fired the shots, according to the complaint.
The man called Blue, 46, was shot in the chest and is in a coma. Another man, 26, was shot in the neck and right shoulder and has been released from the hospital. A third man, 30, was shot in the stomach and remains in intensive care with an infection.
A fourth victim, 47, was grazed by a bullet and did not seek medical attention.
Police have said the shooting was part of an ongoing dispute between the parties.
Wilks, 27, of St. Paul, was charged Monday with kidnapping and two counts of second-degree assault for his role in the incident.
© 2015 Star Tribune