City releases names of injured firefighters from Walker blaze
- Blog Post by: Eric Roper
- May 29, 2012 - 4:54 PM
The city of Minneapolis has released the names of the injured firefighters from Sunday night's fire at Walker Community United Methodist Church.
Five firefighters were injured and one remains hospitalized. Two of them are married. Randy Furst explained in today's paper how Capt. Paul Baumtrog helped rescue Capt. Kathrynne Baumtrog.
Here are the names and their conditions, as described by the city:
- Captain Kathrynne Baumtrog - 13-year veteran, currently being treated at Hennepin County Medical Center
- Captain Paul Baumtrog – 33-year veteran, treated and released on Sunday
- Captain Joe Mattison – 18-year veteran, treated and released on Sunday
- Firefighter Sandy Meredith – 4-year veteran, treated and released Sunday
- Firefighter Christie Nixon – 11-year veteran, treated and released on Monday
Pictured: Capt. Kathrynne Baumtrog
© 2015 Star Tribune