Men: You have a Saturday shopping date with SnowGRADE
- Blog Post by: Tom Horgen
- February 24, 2012 - 12:44 PM
Looking for a new pair of Red Wings? Selvedge denim? Or a leather wallet made right here in the Twin Cities? All of your heritage-brand needs will be on display at SnowGRADE this Saturday. The men's "pop-up market" returns to the stunning Architectural Antiques space after a successful event (NorthernGRADE) last September. That shopping extravaganza drew hundreds of bearded dudes (OK, some guys were clean-shaven), all looking for the best American-made products money can buy. SnowGrade will bring more than 30 vendors to the Northeast warehouse space. One of my favorite parts: You can meet the product makers themselves. Jean makers like Ruell and Ray. Leather designers like Leatherworks (I bought a wallet from them last time). And even ax makers (no kidding: Best Made Co.). Plenty of Twin Cities shops will be selling their wares as well, including BlackBlue, martinpatrick3 and Askov Finlayson.
Check out this video from last September:
New this time: A variety of workshops. Here's the schedule:
- 12:30-1:15 p.m.: “The Perfect Ice Chip for Scotch” with Marvel Bar’s Pip Hanson.
- 1:15-2 p.m.: “Butchering a Rabbit from Singerhouse Farm” with Bachelor Farmer’s Paul Berglund.
- 2-3 p.m.: "Ax Restoration” with Best Made Co.
- 3:30-4 p.m.: Northern Brewer's “Beginners Guide to Home Brewing.”
- 4:15-4:45 p.m.: How to wax your canvas with BlackBlue and J.W. Hulme.
- 5-5:30 p.m.: How to care for your Red Wings properly.
- 5:45-6:30 p.m.: Leatherworks “Leather-Tooling” with Kent.
- 6:45pm: “Weekend Homesteader” with Mister Crowe (Dig, plant, harvest and make it pay for itself).
Details: Noon-8 p.m. Saturday. Architectural Antiques, 1330 NE. Quincy St., Mpls. Learn more about SnowGRADE here: snowgrade.tumblr.com
© 2015 Star Tribune