Alumni association touts deals for students
- Blog Post by: Jenna Ross
- November 5, 2010 - 8:56 AM
I recently wrote that the new leader of the University of Minnesota's alumni association wants to woo younger graduates -- and even current students. That was clear Thursday, when CEO Phil Esten sent an e-mail to students touting the benefits of joining.
Dear U of M student,
I hope your fall semester is treating you well! As a student, you are starting on a lifelong journey as part of the University of Minnesota community. Today, I invite you to take another step on that journey and show your U of M pride by becoming a student member of your Alumni Association. As a student member you will receive dozens of valuable benefits, including:
* A monthly chance to win prizes;
* A 10% discount on apparel purchases at the U of M Bookstore;
* Test prep discounts for the GRE, GMAT, and LSAT;
* Reduced rates on car, renters, and home insurance;
* A subscription to our nationally-recognized Minnesota magazine;
* Online shopping discounts and more!
Students can also gain valuable personal and professional skills by participating in the mentoring and advocacy programs.
If you're already a student member, thank you! If not, I hope that you'll choose to join today. Student membership is just $15. Visit www.MinnesotaAlumni.org/students for more information and to join.
Phil Esten, Ph.D. '03
President and Chief Executive Officer
University of Minnesota Alumni Association
U of M students, what do you say to these expanded benefits? Worth it?
© 2016 Star Tribune