A man wanted for the assault and robbery of five cabdrivers at knifepoint this week should be considered armed and dangerous, Minneapolis police said.
Tonio James Weaver, 22, is suspected of carrying out the robberies, say police. He was described as an American Indian, 5 feet 8 inches tall with a slight build and shaved head. Anyone who sees him should call 911 immediately.
He’s suspected in these robberies:
• A Red and White cabdriver was robbed Tuesday at 4:30 a.m. in the 1800 block of E. 26th Street.
• A Blue and White cabdriver was robbed Wednesday at 3:15 p.m. in the 2600 block of Cedar Avenue S.
• A New Star Taxi driver was robbed Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. at 52nd and Knox Avenues N.
• A Yellow Taxi driver was robbed Thursday at 4:30 a.m. in the 2400 block of 18th Avenue S.
• A Red and White cabdriver was robbed Thursday at 7:15 a.m., 2000 block of E. 28th Street.