Vegetable and Three-Cheese Stuffed Shells
To make ahead, prepare the shells, but don’t bake. (The dish can be refrigerated for up to two days.) When ready to serve, bake at 375 degrees until heated through, then broil until golden brown. From “Woman’s Day Easy Everyday Dinners.”
• 16 jumbo shells (from a 12-oz. box)
• 2 c. marinara sauce
• 1 (10-oz. pkg.) frozen leaf spinach, thawed
• 1 (16-oz. pkg.) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
• 1 (15-oz.) container part-skim ricotta
• 2 oz. Parmesan, grated (about 1/2 c.)
• 4 oz. part-skim mozzarella, grated (about 1 c.), divided
• Kosher salt and pepper
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
Spread sauce onto bottom of a large broiler-proof baking dish.
Squeeze spinach of excess moisture, roughly chop and place in a large bowl. Chop broccoli and add it to the bowl. Stir in ricotta, Parmesan, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into shells (about 1/4 cup each) and place on top of the sauce.
Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and bake until shells are heated through, 10 to 12 minutes. Increase heat to broil. Broil shells until cheese begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.