Elton John recovering after appendicitis operation

  • Updated: August 5, 2013 - 3:05 PM

LONDON — Elton John is recovering after an operation to remove his appendix.

The musician's publicist says John had the surgery last week at Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco, near his home in the south of France.

Last month the musician canceled a series of shows as he was treated for an inflamed appendix and surrounding abscess.

He said at the time that his infected appendix had been "a ticking time bomb."

He was treated with antibiotics and his publicist said Monday the appendix has been removed.

In a statement on his official website last week, John said the many get-well cards and messages he'd received from fans "have touched me deeply."

The 66-year-old musician is expected to perform in London Sept. 2, when he receives the Brits Icon Award.

  • get related content delivered to your inbox

  • manage my email subscriptions

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect with twitterConnect with facebookConnect with Google+Connect with PinterestConnect with PinterestConnect with RssfeedConnect with email newsletters

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

 
Close