Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
(e.g., Which Kiss band member was noted for his long tongue? Answer: Gene Simmons.)
1. Elton John paid tribute to her with "Candle in the Wind."
2. Who is identified with the song "Singin' in the Rain"?
3. Who played the title role in "Funny Girl"?
4. Which group is most closely identified with Abbey Road Studios?
5. Whose No. 1 Hit was "Another One Bites the Dust"?
6. Which song begins "If you see me walkin' down the street"?
7. Name all of the "Three Tenors."
8. In which Beatles song is "One thing I can tell you is you got to be free"?
9. Which opera by Richard Wagner opens on a ship?
ANSWERS: 1. Marilyn Monroe. 2. Gene Kelly. 3. Barbra Streisand. 4. The Beatles. 5. Queen. 6. "Walk on By." 7. Jose Carreras, Placido Domingo, Luciano Pavarotti. 8. "Come Together." 9. "Tristan und Isolde."
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.