Page 2 of 2 Previous
6. SALINGER, by David Shields and Shane Salerno (Simon & Schuster). An oral history of the writer, a companion volume to the recently released documentary.
7. THIS TOWN, by Mark Leibovich (Blue Rider). An examination of Washington’s “media-industrial complex” by the chief national correspondent for the Times Magazine.
8. LAWRENCE IN ARABIA, by Scott Anderson ( Doubleday). A history of the Arab revolt against the Turks in World War I focuses on T.E. Lawrence and other adventurers.
9. THE DUCK COMMANDER FAMILY, by Willie and Korie Robertson with Mark Schlabach (Howard Books). Behind the scenes at the A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
10. UNBROKEN, by Laura Hillenbrand (Random House). An Olympic runner’s story of survival as a prisoner of the Japanese in World War II after his bomber went down over the Pacific.
ADVICE, MISCELLANEOUS AND HOW-TO
1. E-SQUARED, by Pam Grout (Hay House). Nine spiritual experiments to help change the focus of your thoughts.
2. THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES, by Gary Chapman. (Northfield) How to communicate love in a way a spouse will understand.
3. MICHAEL SYMON’S 5 IN 5, by Michael Symon with Douglas Trattner. (Clarkson Potter) Making dinner in five minutes, with five ingredients.
4. GOD IS NOT MAD AT YOU, by Joyce Meyer (FaithWords). Guidance on acceptance, mercy and forgiveness.
5. WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU’RE EXPECTING, by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel (Workman). Advice for parents-to-be. (b)
Rankings reflect sales at venues nationwide for the week ending Sept. 7. An (x) indicates that a book’s sales are barely distinguishable from those of the book above. A (b) indicates that some sellers report receiving bulk orders.