Here’s how to beat the heat, or at least find some temporary respite from soaring temperatures and wicked humidity that could be downright dangerous.
• Jump in the lake. Minnesota has more than 10,000 of those.
• Lounge in a pool or get soaked under a sprinkler, provided watering restrictions aren’t in effect.
• Head to the library, an indoor mall, a movie theater or recreation center.
• In Hennepin County, check out this map.
• Bloomington’s list is here.
• St. Paul has a list of public air-conditioned places as well as other safety tips.
• Ramsey County notes the expanded hours at some rec centers as well as other cooling places.
• Salvation Army has its own list of centers, which invite everyone to come in and keep cool.