The Vikings will take a quarterback in the May draft. They have already said as much.
The question remains whether they will take one with the No. 8 overall pick or address that need in a later round.
What we do know is that the three QBs likely to warrant a top-eight pick have completed their “Pro Days” now that Johnny Manziel threw Thursday.
As such, let’s recap how each of them did, primarily from a Vikings’ perspective, with an emphasis on Manziel:
Pro Day on Thursday at Texas A&M
• Who was there? GM Rick Spielman, head coach Mike Zimmer, offensive coordinator Norv Turner and QB coach Scott Turner.
Every team except the Browns and Bears had some representation, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
• How did he look? It’s hard to really tell during a scripted workout, but Manziel completed 61 of 64 throws.
• What was said: “My main thing is I’m not scared of anything. I don’t play that way.” — Manziel, to the NFL Network. Part II: “This guy is an amazing player, and then you see his physical skills. It just helps to see a guy in person. — Norv Turner, to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
• What’s next: Manziel is slated to meet with Vikings representatives on Friday and is also supposed to have a non-choreographed workout with the Purple at some point.
Pro Day on March 17 in Louisville
• Who was there? Spielman, Zimmer and Turner. A total of 29 teams were reportedly in attendance.
• How did he look? Not so good. The normally accurate Bridgewater apparently had some problems hitting his targets and drew negative reviews.
• What was said? “I expected a little bit more today.” — NFL Media draft analyst Mike Mayock.
Pro Day on March 19 at Central Florida
• Who was there? Spielman, Zimmer and Turner. A total of 27 teams were reportedly there.
• How did he look? Bortles threw to generally favorable reviews — much more so than Bridgewater. ESPN’s Ron Jaworski was particularly impressed, grading his performance a 10 out of 10.
• What was said? “I was very impressed. He made every throw I wanted to see, and he showed good footwork.” — Texans coach Bill O’Brien.
|Philadelphia - WP: R. Hernandez||2||FINAL|
|Washington - LP: D. Fister||1|
|Seattle - LP: R. Elias||1||FINAL|
|Baltimore - WP: W. Chen||2|
|Texas - LP: J. Williams||2||FINAL|
|Cleveland - WP: D. Salazar||12|
|Colorado - LP: F. Morales||2||FINAL|
|Detroit - WP: J. Verlander||4|
|Cincinnati - WP: M. Latos||5||FINAL|
|Miami - LP: J. Cosart||2|
|San Francisco - WP: R. Vogelsong||5||FINAL|
|NY Mets - LP: J. Niese||1|
|LA Angels - WP: M. Shoemaker||5||FINAL|
|Tampa Bay - LP: J. Hellickson||3|
|NY Yankees - LP: C. Capuano||3||FINAL|
|Boston - WP: A. Ranaudo||4|
|Minnesota||7||Bottom 8th Inning|
|Toronto - LP: A. Loup||1||FINAL|
|Houston - WP: J. Veras||3|
|Milwaukee - WP: W. Peralta||7||FINAL|
|St. Louis - LP: A. Wainwright||4|
|Kansas City||1||Top 7th Inning|
|Pittsburgh||1||Bottom 6th Inning|
|Atlanta||1||Top 5th Inning|
|Chicago Cubs||4||Bottom 4th Inning|
|NY Giants||8/3/14 7:00 PM|
|Indianapolis||8/7/14 6:00 PM|
|San Francisco||8/7/14 6:30 PM|
|New England||8/7/14 6:30 PM|
|Cincinnati||8/7/14 7:00 PM|
|Seattle||8/7/14 8:00 PM|
|Dallas||8/7/14 9:00 PM|
|Sporting Kansas City||1|
|Saskatchewan||8/2/14 6:00 PM|
|Saskatchewan||8/7/14 7:30 PM|
|Edmonton||8/8/14 6:00 PM|
|Hamilton||8/8/14 9:00 PM|
|Ottawa||8/9/14 6:30 PM|
|Aug 8 - vs. Oakland||7 pm|
|Aug 16 - vs. Arizona||7:30 pm|
|Aug 23 - at Kansas City||7 pm|
|Aug 28 - at Tennessee||7 pm|
|2014 regular season|
|Sep 7 - at St. Louis||Noon|
|Sep 14 - vs. New England||Noon|
|Sep 21 - at New Orleans||Noon|
|Sep 28 - vs. Atlanta||3:25 pm|
|Oct 2 - at Green Bay||7:25 pm|
|Oct 12 - vs. Detroit||Noon|
|Oct 19 - at. Buffalo||Noon|
|Oct 26 - at Tampa Bay||Noon|
|Nov 2 - vs. Washington||Noon|
|Nov 9 - Bye|
|Nov 16 - at Chicago||Noon|
|Nov. 23 - vs. Green Bay||Noon|
|Nov. 30 - vs. Carolina||Noon|
|Dec 7 - vs. NY Jets||Noon|
|Dec 14 - at Detroit||Noon|
|Dec 21 - at Miami||Noon|
|Dec 28 - vs. Chicago||Noon|