• MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 3, BROWN 1:
Jean-Paul Lafontaine scored two third-period goals, one on a power play at 9:02 and an empty-netter with four seconds left, to lead the Mavericks (11-6-2) past Brown (3-3-4) on the first day of the UConn Hockey Classic in Storrs. Zach Palmquist had the other MSU goal in the opening period. Stephon Williams made 18 saves for the Mavericks, who have won eight of nine.
• DENVER 6, BOSTON UNIVERSITY 0: Nolan Zajac, Shawn Ostrow, and brothers Nick and Quentin Shore each had a goal and an assist, Juho Olkinuora made 29 saves and the 14th-ranked Pioneers (10-6-3) ended their eight-game winless streak by pounding the sixth-ranked Terriers (10-6) in Denver. The Pioneers scored three first-period goals, two 9 seconds apart by Zac Larraza and Quentin Shore.
• QUINNIPIAC 5, NEBRASKA OMAHA 4: Jordan Samuels-Thomas' second goal of the game, at 3:47 of the third period, was the winner for the Bobcats, who extended their unbeaten streak (10-0-1) to 11 games in Hamden, Conn. Eric Hartzell of White Bear Lake made 33 saves for Quinnipiac (13-3-2).
• FERRIS STATE 6, MINNESOTA DULUTH 2: The Bulldogs (8-8-3) from Big Rapids, Mich., scored twice in the last minute of the second period to break a tie with UMD (7-10-3) on the second day of the Florida College Classic in Estero. Ferris State pulled away with two power-play goals in the third.
• MICHIGAN TECH 4, MICHIGAN 0: Alex Petan scored two goals and Jujhar Khaira had a goal and two assists as the Huskies (5-10-3) beat the Wolverines (6-10-2) on the first day of the Great Lakes Invitational in Detroit. Tech freshman goalie Pheonix Copley made 38 saves, 13 in the third period, for the shutout.