Man charged after girl eats pot-laced chocolate
- Associated Press
- September 1, 2014 - 11:20 AM
CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. — A Chippewa Falls man whose daughter was sickened after eating a marijuana-laced chocolate bar faces three criminal charges.
A Chippewa Herald report (http://bit.ly/1qZmhMx ) says 38-year-old Jason N. Hetke is charged with felony second-degree reckless endangerment. He's also charged with two misdemeanors — child neglect and possession of marijuana.
Prosecutors say the girl seemed intoxicated in school after eating an entire marijuana chocolate bar from Colorado. A school official and police officer were barely able to detect a pulse.
They found a wrapper in her pocket that said the bar contained 22½ doses of marijuana. The wrapper said the product was, "Extremely potent. Do not eat all at once."
She said she found the bar in her father's dresser drawer.
Online court records didn't list an attorney for Hetke on Monday.
© 2015 Star Tribune