New England coach Bill Belichick’s frustration was evident Thursday night against the rival New York Jets.
Elise Amendola •Associated Press,
Sunday Insider: Fourth-and-5
- Article by: MARK CRAIG
- Star Tribune
- September 14, 2013 - 5:10 PM
Three observations …
• Thursday was the first time a Bill Belichick-coached Patriots team won a game despite having more punts (11) than first downs (nine).
• Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who had 217 yards passing and 112 rushing in a near upset of the Colts, isn’t a good enough passer to take full advantage of the read-option.
• Southern Cal, with 40, had the most players represented on last week’s opening-day rosters. The Vikings have four: Matt Cassel, Rhett Ellison, Matt Kalil and Everson Griffen.
Two predictions …
• Eli Manning will surprise all of us again, upsetting older brother Peyton at home.
• The Browns, who are at Baltimore, will do their part in trying to make next week’s Vikings home opener a battle of 0-2 teams.
© 2014 Star Tribune