WCHA roundup: Tech scores twice late to tie
- December 1, 2012 - 11:51 PM
• MINNESOTA DULUTH 4, MICHIGAN TECH 4 (OT): The Huskies rallied for two goals late in the third period to tie the score. Blake Pietila scored for Michigan Tech (4-7-1, 3-6-1) with six minutes to play and Steve Seigo with one. Tech goalie Kevin Genoe made 33 saves, five in the extra period. Austin Farley had a goal -- his third in the series -- and an assist for UMD (4-7-3, 2-5-3).
• MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 6, BEMIDJI STATE 1: Brett Stern's first goal of the season, six minutes into the game, gave the Mavericks a 1-0 lead and they kept scoring, two goals per period. Teddy Blueger had three assists for MSU Mankato (7-5-2, 5-5-0). The Beavers (3-7-2, 2-6-2) only had six shots on goal through two periods before getting 12 in the third and a late goal from Jordan George.
• NORTH DAKOTA 3, COLORADO COLLEGE 2 (OT): SDrake Caggiula scored 51 seconds into overtime to give UND (7-5-2, 4-2-2) a split in the series in Colorado Springs. Colorado College (8-7-1, 5-3-0) built a 2-1 lead on goals by Rylan Schwartz amd Archie Skalbeck. But defenseman Dillon Simpson tied the score at 2-2 with 13 seconds left in the third period.
• WISCONSIN 3, DENVER 1: Nic Kerdiles scored his first goal and the Badgers (2-7-3, 2-5-3) defeated the Pioneers (9-4-1, 7-2-1).
© 2017 Star Tribune