U.S. teens and drugs
- November 29, 2012 - 8:43 PM
• 48% increase in reports to Hennepin Regional Poison Center of teens misusing prescription drugs.
• 44% know drug dealers in their schools.
• 24% of school dealers peddle prescription drugs, making it the second most common illegal drug for sale in schools behind marijuana.
• 8% of high school senior boys in 2010 said they took painkillers not prescribed for them to get high.
• 6% admitted to taking someone else's ADHD stimulant medications for the same purpose.
© 2015 Star Tribune