- Article by: NEAL ST. ANTHONY
- Star Tribune
- November 4, 2012 - 3:19 PM
Businesses: Specialty lines of coverage including professional, specialty property, financial services and lawyers liability, energy, government risks, marine.
2012 results through Sept. 30: $945.3 million in revenue; $111.1 million in net income from continuing operations.
Background: Since Twin Cities insurance veteran Mike Miller took over in 2005, OneBeacon has:
• Raised capital through an initial public stock offering in 2006.
• Moved its headquarters from Boston to the Twin Cities.
• Shed its traditional property-casualty business to focus on several profitable specialty lines.
• Plans to gradually increase Minnetonka headquarters jobs from 50 to 120 people.
© 2015 Star Tribune