Minneapolis places second nationwide for fittest city
- Article by: PAUL WALSH
- Star Tribune
- February 13, 2008 - 11:37 AM
Men's Health magazine is out with the skinny on the Fittest and Fattest Cities in America.
On the slimmer side, Minneapolis comes in second behind Colorado Springs.
The publication cited many reasons for Minneapolis' lofty ranking. Among them:
• Not as much TV viewing as the other cities surveyed.
• Mayor R.T. Rybak sets a positive example with a regular exercise regimen.
• A federal study says Minneapolitans are more physically active than the national average.
• And doughnuts, or the relative lack of them. Minneapolis had the second-lowest number of doughnut shops per capita among the cities surveyed.
© 2016 Star Tribune