Stove set St. Paul man's clothes ablaze; he died on his birthday

  • Updated: November 28, 2013 - 3:09 PM

Fire victim is fourth fatality in St. Paul this year

The St. Paul Fire Department has identified the man who died in an apartment fire on his 57th birthday as William Clepper

Clepper died from burns after his clothes caught fire from the stove in his apartment in the 1600 block of Hamline Av. North. He was identified late Wednesday.

Crews responded to the fire just before 3 p.m. Tuesday. Other units in the building weren’t damaged and remain habitable.

Clepper was the second St. Paul fire fatality in a week, doubling the city’s annual total to four.

On Sunday, a 38-year-old man who went by the single name of Guntoro died in a fire at a home in the 700 block of Lexington Parkway N. after he started a fire while smoking in bed.

Rochelle Olson • 612-673-1747

  • get related content delivered to your inbox

  • manage my email subscriptions

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect with twitterConnect with facebookConnect with Google+Connect with PinterestConnect with PinterestConnect with RssfeedConnect with email newsletters

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

question of the day

Poll: How many games will the Timberwolves win this season?

Weekly Question

ADVERTISEMENT

 
Close