Diamond Reynolds, who rose to international attention after livestreaming a police officer killing her boyfriend, Philando Castile, was sentenced Wednesday to a year of probation for assaulting a woman last year.

An emotional Reynolds said afterward that she hoped to move to Atlanta and pursue a number of business ventures, including fashion and a book and documentary about her life.

"She's happy that this is over and that she can move on with her life," said one of her attorneys, Karlowba Adams Powell.

A Ramsey County District Court jury convicted Reynolds, 28, in March of misdemeanor fifth-degree assault but acquitted her of felony second-degree and third-degree assault.

Reynolds livestreamed the July 6, 2016, shooting of Castile on Facebook. Castile, 32, was fatally shot during a traffic stop by then-St. Anthony police officer Jeronimo Yanez, who was acquitted in the case.

Reynolds and two other women were convicted of assaulting a woman in St. Paul more than seven months later, on Feb. 28, 2017, over a previous slight. Court documents said Reynolds and another woman "jumped" the victim in a parking lot and Reynolds assaulted the woman with a hammer. The victim's windshield also was damaged. A third woman pulled up in another vehicle and sprayed the victim with pepper spray. Reynolds' attorneys argued at trial that she wasn't at the scene.

Assistant Washington County Attorney Tom Wedes asked Ramsey County District Judge Elena Ostby to sentence Reynolds also to community service or 30 days in custody because she continued to deny involvement despite the "overwhelming" evidence.

Adams Powell argued for administrative probation, meaning Reynolds would report to the court instead of a probation officer. The judge denied that.

When asked by Ostby if she wanted to address the court before her sentencing, Reynolds said, "No, your honor."

Ostby sentenced Reynolds to 90 days in the county workhouse but waived 85 days in favor of a year of probation, and she gave Reynolds five days of credit for time already served. Reynolds was ordered to pay a $1,000 fine.

Ostby also ordered Reynolds to perform 80 hours of community service, undergo a chemical health assessment and treatment if necessary, undergo psychotherapy and complete anger management counseling, among many other conditions.

"You haven't taken responsibility for your actions," Ostby said.

Ostby told Reynolds she hasn't addressed some issues from her childhood and obliquely referred to the trauma she suffered from the Castile shooting.

As the sentencing neared its end, Ostby surprised Reynolds with a challenge: She would waive the $1,000 fine if Reynolds obtains her GED.

"I know you want to better yourself, and I want to give you the tools to do that," Ostby said, adding that she had no issues with Reynolds leaving Minnesota, pending probation's approval. "Good luck."

A tearful Reynolds said afterward that she would follow the court's orders while pursuing her goals, working on her nonprofit, Black Love Twin Cities LLC, and planning a second-annual memorial for Castile.