An 18-year-old St. Paul man allegedly cut off his electronic monitoring bracelet and broke into a home he had burglarized twice in 2011, raping a 65-year-old resident after forcing her male companion to tie himself up.

Curtez D. Graham allegedly raped the woman at her home in the 1100 block of Portland Avenue in St. Paul on Wednesday, according to charges filed in Ramsey County District Court. He told police he broke into the woman's home because he was angry that she had reported the 2011 burglaries, which sent him to Boys Totem Town, a juvenile facility, and a correctional facility in Red Wing, the complaint said. He served nine to 12 months at Totem Town and more time in Red Wing.

According to charges: Graham first broke into the woman's home on Oct. 10, 2011. He was armed with a knife and demanded money, leaving with $80. The woman called police, but Graham was not caught.

On Nov. 10, Graham returned, wearing a black bandanna over his face. The homeowner recognized him and screamed, but "calmed herself and reminded Graham that she didn't scream last time." Graham led the woman downstairs and asked her to dump her purse on the dining room table "like last time."

"You had more money last time," he told the woman. "Now remember — you didn't call the police last time, don't call them this time."

Graham told the woman he returned because she had been nice the first time, the complaint said.

Graham was later arrested for the burglaries, served time, was furloughed from Red Wing this past June 10 and was being monitored via electronic ankle bracelet. He found a job at a Subway restaurant, but Graham removed his bracelet and stopped showing up for work, the complaint said.

The woman and a male companion were in bed on the third floor of her home when they were awakened early Wednesday by Graham, who stood in the room naked, holding a pair of scissors.

Graham ordered the man to put underwear in his mouth and tie himself up, threatening to kill him if he didn't. The woman told the man to follow Graham's instructions, and the man tried to tie himself up with a belt, the complaint said.

Graham raped the woman, who told police she complied because she did not want to be stabbed with the scissors. He ordered her to urinate and shower, presumably to get rid of DNA evidence.

Graham demanded $100 from the woman and was given $75. He walked her downstairs, where he allegedly took money from her coin purse and took the man's cellphone. The woman and man got back into bed and Graham asked them if there were guns in the home. The woman said no.

Graham searched a closet and told them to count to 100 before leaving the room.

"Don't call the police," Graham said. "I can come and get you anytime."

The charges said he also told the woman, "You sent me to prison for 14 months."

Graham was arrested later Wednesday and had the man's cellphone in his possession. He told police he broke a window and entered the woman's home because he was upset that she had sent him to prison and wanted to scare her, the charges said.

He told police he was drunk at the time, and denied raping her or threatening to kill the man. Graham was scheduled to return to the Red Wing correctional facility this week.

Graham is charged with eight felonies: two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, three counts of first-degree burglary, two counts of kidnapping and one count of first-degree aggravated robbery. Bail was set at $1 million.

Chao Xiong • 612-270-4708

Twitter: @ChaoStrib