A 17-year-old boy has been charged with shooting and killing a man at a North St. Paul apartment, where police believe the victim was manufacturing ghost guns using a 3-D printer.

Abo Eshun Essilfie faces one count of second-degree murder in the death of Anthony Rojas, 24, who was killed June 19 in his apartment. The Ramsey County Attorney's Office has indicated it plans to have the teenager's case moved to adult court.

A confidential informant told police that Essilfie and 19-year-old Octavion Rayshawn Jones were supposed to rob Rojas of his ghost guns, but that Essilfie shot him, according to the juvenile petition.

Jones and two other 19-year-olds — La Vida Rose Martinez and Steven Terry — have each been arrested and charged with aiding and abetting murder in the case.

Police responded shortly after 6 p.m. and went to Rojas' apartment in the 2100 block of McKnight Road N. Officers found a black shotgun and a bulletproof vest in the hallway of the apartment unit, and Rojas was found farther down the hallway with a gunshot wound, according to the petition.

Neighbors, who had heard a shot, then saw several people running from the building, some carrying guns. Rojas was pronounced dead shortly before 7 p.m.

Officers found bags containing 15 3-D-printed ghost handguns and three long guns discarded near the apartment building, according to a search warrant affidavit by a Bureau of Criminal Apprehension officer. Gun parts were scattered throughout Rojas' apartment, and police suspect the apartment was used to manufacture and distribute unlicensed guns, the officer wrote.

Jones told police that "everyone" at the apartment had guns, and that they were passing them around, the petition alleges. Jones said he went to the bathroom when he heard a loud bang.

Upon exiting the bathroom, Jones said Essilfie "gave him a look and told him to grab a bag full of guns," the petition alleges.

Essilfie was arrested Friday while entering a vehicle, according to the petition which doesn't specify his residence. Police found a .40-caliber handgun inside the passenger compartment, which is the same caliber of gun they believe was used to kill Rojas. The gun was stolen from somewhere in St. Paul, the petition says.

Investigators tracking Jones' cellphone found it was at Rojas' apartment until just after Rojas was shot, the charges allege. Martinez allegedly told police that Jones was in Rojas' apartment when he was shot.