Fact Frenzy: How well do you know your Minnesota food?
We've scored your Fact Frenzy quizzes and selected a winner! Check your email to see if you snagged the special Star Tribune prize package. Not a winner this time? Stop back in tomorrow at startribune.com/factfrenzy for another round and another chance to play. In the meantime, you can find the answers to yesterday's game below. See you tomorrow!
This contest has ended, but you can still play along by watching the video above and checking your answers below.
Fact Frenzy, Minnesota Food Edition
1. What’s the key ingredient in traditional lutefisk?
2. Which “signature Minnesota dish” was promoted by the New York Times in 2014, but widely mocked by actual Minnesotans?
Pretzel hot dish
Grape salad (CORRECT)
3. Which two Minnesota restaurants claim to have invented the Jucy Lucy?
Blue Door and Matts
Matt’s and the 5.8 Club (CORRECT)
The Nook and the 5.8 Club
Matt’s and the Nook
4. In what year did Spam debut?
5. How tall is Minnesota’s iconic Green Giant statue?
55 feet (CORRECT)
6. How did Land O’Lakes Inc. get its name?
When the Minnesota Cooperative Creameries Association picked it out in a raffle
In a contest that offered $500 in gold as the prize (CORRECT)
By accident when a worker dropped sweet cream butter in a lake
During a visit of a creamery by Gov. J.A.O. Preus